I found this very interesting and helpful.
This is another handout from a psych class that has helped me a lot lately. This has the top ten intimacy needs and it applies to all kinds of relationships. Let me know what you think.
- ACCEPTANCE: The closer we get to someone, the more we notice their imperfections. Acceptance involves looking past these flaws and meeting their needs. For example, our need for acceptance is accentuated when we experience failure.
- APPRECIATION: To communicate with words and feelings personal gratefulness for another person. This can be shown by giving cards or special gifts. These physical tokens of our appreciation are very effective and usually long-lasting.
- SUPPORT: To come alongside and gently carry a problem or struggle. become personally involved … help bear the burden.
- ENCOURAGEMENT: To urge forward and positively persuade towards a goal. To inspire with courage, spirit, and hope.
- AFFECTION: To communicate care and closeness through physical touch and…
View original post 185 more words